Thread: Sigma 50 1.4 AF issues - UPDATE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sigma 50 1.4 AF issues - UPDATE

I ran a post over a month ago asking if anyone had experience with a Sigma service centerregarding AF issues with their lenses.

Well for those of you who are interested, I took a trip down to the Ronkonkoma center to address my front focusing (+20 MA) 50mm lens.

I brought my 7D along with the lens so they could calibrate it to the body.While there, the technician informed methattherewas indeed a firmware update for the lens. I had to wait a little over an hour for the update and calibration. I was not happy with their 1st attempt, so I hung around a little longer while they made further adjustments.

Final results: the lens is spot on now! It seems more consistent and reliable at any shooting distance. I am very happy with the results. This experience puts my faith back in Sigma again.

Regards,

John

Re: Sigma 50 1.4 AF issues - UPDATE

That's wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I wish I lived close to a service center.

Re: Sigma 50 1.4 AF issues - UPDATE

That's very good new John! Thanks for sharing. I think I will get my 50mm calibrated as well when I have some time. As for now it functions great and I have to shoot a wedding in a month, but after that I think I'll take my chances.

Thanks,

Jan