Thread: ZEnfolio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ZEnfolio?

I have a friend of mine who has a zenfolio account and makes around 3 grand a year and is a senior in highschool. He shoots mainly photojournalism stuff and is attending school next year for that. He makes it all from his zenfolio account and shoots alot of gigs and stuff. Is Zenfolio the cheepest site? Which other ones do you use? Also should i start to make business cards? Im trying to start up some side money as im only in highschool and would liek to be able to make money by just taking pictures. "How do u get your foor in the door i guess?"

Re: ZEnfolio?

I've never tried zenfolio but I'll have to check it out. You want to know the best way to get gigs starting out? Carry your camera in a very visible way Everywhere you go (and can get away with it!) A digital SLR attracts attention. I had absolutely no desire to do photography for money. I bought my first camera to take pictures of things I wanted to paint or sculpt. The next thing I know I'm being hired for all manner of crazy things. My first paying gig was actually a fashion show. And it was all because I carried my old Canon with me. Have some business cards made and be ready to pass them out. If you don't have a myspace.com devoted to your photography, get one. Its free. That way you have an online place listed on your cards for customers to go and see your work. Especially if you can't afford a website or hosting sites like zenfolio or pictage. If you're in high school then I think you're in a good position to try your hand at some portraits and high school sports photography. Get one of your friends to do a session with you. Go to games. Let the other students see what you can do. Heck. Use the images as your business cards (if their parents will allow it) and just print your info on top of it. Some students might be more likely to go thru you than some old codger photographer. If your into photojournalism maybe you should try sending some shots in to your local TV station websites. Some have a place on their site to display local news shots by views. It doesn't pay but at least you can say you were published and can direct people to the site.

Its just some thoughts. Hope they help.

-V

Re: ZEnfolio?

wow thanks alot my friend has business cards that i helped him handout after a basketball game with pictures on it. I think it should work since he made 60$ from one game