Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

I keep reading the web rumors (I know, lol) about the 60D. []

With the market pressure Nikon has exerted lately and the grumbling the 50D has as baggage, is it possible that Canon will dazzle us with the latest prosumer body? Could AF advancements, lower high ISO noise, weathersealing and IQ refinements be in store for us Canon aficionados? The rumor mill is buzzing. I hope its all true and Canon makes Nikon back into a dirty word. [<)][]

Could Canon prosumer lovers have a big smile on their faces sometime this month? Will my trusty 40D soon see backup status? I'm excited. Come on Canon, let us have it!!!

Re: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

I'm not getting my hopes up. Nobody bats 1000, and the 40D and 50D have been stellar releases with tremendous new features and large performance improvements over their predecessors. That's why I think it's probably about time for a bit of a "ho-hum" camera release, like the 30D was. I would like to be wrong, but historically Canon puts out a boring one every once and a while.

Daniel,

I've always thought the 40D wasthe lastbig upgrade followed by the 50D as a small "upgrade" [8-)]. Hopefully, the 60D will be the next big revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by District_History_Fan

Daniel,

I've always thought the 40D wasthe lastbig upgrade followed by the 50D as a small "upgrade" [img]/emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img]. Hopefully, the 60D will be the next big revamp.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

The 50D has an all new sensor with 50% higher MP and gapless microlenses. The sensitivity (QE) and noise (read noise) are about the same (slightly improved). Pattern noise is improved over the 40D. A new and improved self cleaning design. The LCD improvement is huge: resolution, color, contrast, and viewing angle. Live view is much improved in feature, frame rate, and functionality. HDMI for tripod photography on-site with your high end client. Usability improvements like "My Menu". True lens microadjustment instead of just body microadjustment. Peripheral Illumination Correction.

To me, that is quite a significant improvement over the 40D.

Amongst discussion of 40D vs. 50D improvements...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Usability improvements like "My Menu".

Is My Menu better in the 50D than in the 40D?

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

I don't really remember how the 40D menu looks like, but I'm almost sure 50D's menu is better. 50D's menu is like (I think) the menu on the 1 series bodies = with tabs instead of one long list like (I think) in the 40D.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

That's why I think it's probably about time for a bit of a "ho-hum" camera release, like the 30D was. I would like to be wrong, but historically Canon puts out a boring one every once and a while.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

HEY! You're insulting my poor 30D!

(whispers to camera)

"Don't worry little 30, you're 50% better than than silly 20D. Your model number proves it."

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

HEY! You're insulting my poor 30D!

(whispers to camera)

"Don't worry little 30, you're 50% better than than silly 20D. Your model number proves it."
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks for making me giggle in my cube after a night a almost zero sleep (combination of being a new father and smoke detector malfunction...it's a long story)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

Now you're stepping on my toes! =P

But within the next year, I figure that I'll probably take out alot of dollars in student loans for college, so why not add $XX,000 worth of debt and get a gear upgrade as well. 1-series body, and thef/2.8L lens trio

Haha doubt the parentals will approve though.

All seriousness aside though, I'd like my next body to be a 1 series I think. But that's far off. Very, very, far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    All seriousness aside though, I'd like my next body to be a 1 series I think. But that's far off. Very, very, far off.

In all seriousness, I'd rather have a Matthew McConaughey body, but I think that's equally far off...