Thread: Pocket Wizards - have you changed channels?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pocket Wizards - have you changed channels?

For those of you with the new PocketWizards, I stumbled across an interesting page on PW's website: http://www.pocketwizard.com/inspirat...hnology/range/ Long story short, it recommends that you change channels for better range against the noisy Canon flashes. They recommend channels around 345-347MHz, which they list as 2,4,5,6,20. I'm experimenting with channel 14, the highest of the bunch, and I think I like it. I was experimenting with a MiniTT1 on my camera and a FlexTT5 under my flash, in a parking garage beneath a telecom building. I had reliable range to about 110', when my back was against the wall. Anyone else experimenting?
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: Pocket Wizards - have you changed channels?

Thanks peety3, that's great information. I have a MiniTT1 and FlexTT5, and 580EX II, 430EX II and 270EX. I haven't been too concerned yet with the range, since thus far the furthest I've ventured is about 30-50' and I haven't had any major issues with it. But if I every do need added range with particularly the 580EX II this may be invaluable.