Thread: Off camera flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Off camera flash

I have just bought the 430EXII and am thinking about how I can use it to shoot microstock. I cant justify buying the ST-E2 trigger as its ridiculosly expensive, and a 580EXII is also not cost effective, so the options I have are to use a 3rd party wireless trigger, of which there are many on ebay going for a raction of the Canon, but do any of them work? The alternative is to use a hot shoe cable, but most of them are not particularly long, and use curly cables that severely restrict their practical use unless using a heavy stable flash stand!

Thanks for any help!

Steve

Re: Off camera flash

Do you need TTL support?

If the answer is "no", then google "dealextreme", get into the dealextreme site and there, search for "ctr-301p". Now - order one!

Note that shipping may take anywhere from 1-3 weeks or even a month in some rare situations I guess. 21 days I believe is most likely - from the day you order ("real" days I mean, not "business" days)

I only need ETTL when using on camera (for candids, portarits etc) where it needs to be quick. For what I had in mind then I have enough time to set up in manual mode, so thanks for the advice, will investigate further!

You'll also want to take a look at the RF-602 on ebay.

OK thanks, what is the difference between the two units? The 301P is only £18 from amazon UK, the 602 is half as much again. Presumably thsi device (the 602) also does not support TTL?