Thread: 7D Owners - Feedback Please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7D Owners - Feedback Please...

Hi Everyone,

I am considering selling my Canon T1i that I just bought last fall and upgrading to the Canon 7D. I've read Bryan's awesome review of it but would like to hear feedback from anyone else that owns one of what you like/dislike about it.

Also, do you think the price would drop anytime soon on the 7D?

Thanks,

Denise []

Re: 7D Owners - Feedback Please...

Well first of all, we need to know what you are going photograph in order to help you.

John.

I bought my 7D at about the time you bought your T1i. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about it. If you want a good outdoor camera and don't want to spend $5000 than nothing beats it. Frame rate, resolution, ISO, screen, AF, viewfinder, 1080p movies...

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Also, do you think the price would drop anytime soon on the 7D?

No.

My question is, would the extra $800 you'll end up spending help your photography thatmuch? What stats are important to you? What in the 7D is worth the extra money? do you think there will be a noticeable change in your photos? If you are convinced that your T1i is holding you back, then the 7D might be worth it. But I will tell you eight of ten times the problem with my camera isn't the camera, but the idiot behind it (usually me). Perhaps more than anything, new camera bodies don't solve all the problems.

your decision.

brendan

I've had the 7D since last November. I love it. I use it just as much as my 5D II and see no real world difference in quality between images from the two cameras for the bulk of my photography. Only in very low light does the 5D II do significantly better. Ergonomically, I prefer the 7D to the 5D II - it's easily the most user friendly Canon EOS camera I've encountered. Focusing control is superior to the 5D II. (The full frame advantage of the 5D II makes it most worthwhile though).

I don't think you will regret this purchase at all. As to a price drop, maybe towards the end of this year.

Richard