Thread: Hello, I am a beginning user

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello, I am a beginning user

Reading the instruction manual, I attached everything correctly. When I turned the power on, a set time screen appeared. I set the time. Then I pressed the set button on the OK screen button. Then the LCD went black. When I tried to take an image, the LCD screen said No Image. I don't know why. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I did wrong.

Also, I can't attach the delkin LCD screen protector to the camera. The tops don't fit, and I bought this at B&H, which said this LCD protector screen was especially made for this camera.

I'll be in NYC on March 9, so I'll be visiting B&H, but I thought maybe I could get an answer here, as well.

Thank you so very much for your time.

BA

Re: Hello, I am a beginning user

Welcome to the forums

Which camera do you have?

Do you have a memory card in the camera? That may be the reason you can't take a picture.

~Jordan
    7d w/ BG-E7, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS II

Barbara,

this problem is likely due to your camera not having a memory card. Unlike Point and shoot cameras, SLRs don't have built-in memory.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

brendan

Brendan - SLRs don't have built in memory? since when?

Take your CF card out and then turn your SLR on and go to the date and time menu...

You might also have a dead battery. May need to charge it up.

Hi, from what I understand a lot of the bodies have a back up 'button' battery (5 year life) which powers some low level memory storage such as date and time. If this is U/S then replace? There might be enough power from the main batteries to support the main camera functions when on but errors if the backup battery has failed. A CF card or menu option to operate if there is no CF card would need to be selected. I don't use LCD protectors.

Welcome to the discussion forum and hopefully you graduate from beginner soon!