Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7d or 1d mark ii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7d or 1d mark ii

hiya

i am considering buying a second DSLR to go along with my 1d mark ii. I shoot mostly sports like soccer and rugby so am looking for a high frame rate (8 or more) and good highiso performance.

ive been looking at the 7d because i keep hearing its a great performer in every areaand it has the 1.6x crop which could be handy. Ive also been looking at getting anougher 1d mark ii simply because im realy impressed with the results ive been getting and the autofocus and build are unbalevable but the high iso is a bit limiting. Is there much difrance in the autofocus and image quality and high iso perfomance? i am also wondering if the 7d with stand up in haevy rain as well and the mark ii?

im going to be pairing the body with a 300mm f2.8L is and a 70-200mm f2.8L is and a 17-40 f4L so ive got good enough glass for iether body so any advise would be welcome

Re: 7d or 1d mark ii

nvm misread, last time i browse tdp at 4am

Quote Originally Posted by nickds7

You mentioned noise, well the 7d is going to perform worse than the mkii.

[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

http://tinyurl.com/346shqc

It's about a 1D2 vs 7D pay attention [:#]

considering you already have a full frame

Nope[:O]

But I do agree on that the 1.6 crop-factor can be great to have as an addition to your 1.3 crop.

I'm not sure how good the 7D performs in heavy rain as your 1D does nor do I know ISO-performances, AF speeds etc.

I have to say I don't have any of these camera's so I can't help you out much, but I'm sure other can.

Good luck anyway!

Jan

maybe it was his spelling that threw me off. either way i guess its time for bed lol.
    and; just google it

I can see that, now you're making it "iD ii vs 7D" gets better every time, sleep well my friend [A]

Sell your 1D2 and buy the 1D4.

Might as well get a 7D? 1.6 crop will be worth it, considering you already have a full frame.

You mean 1.3 FOVCF, APS-H format. []

The 7D is probably the way to go, but I'd say it's close. If you were talking 1DIII (or IV), the answer would be the 1-series, no question. With the 7D, you're only giving up 0.5 fps and you're getting 10 more megapixels, which is nice if you like to crop. You're also getting maybe a stop of useable ISO - the 7D is ok at 1600 and acceptable (with some PP/NR) at 3200.

I suspect the AF system in the 7D is a bit better than that in the 1DII. The 7D has fewer AF points, but they're all cross-type (in the 1DII, there are a few cross-type sensors, but they're all in a vertical line up the middle of the frame, none at the sides). The 7D also offers the AF Microadjustment feature, which can be extremely helpful.

The one area you'd be giving up with the 7D is weather-sealing. The 7D's sealing is reportedly better than all other non-1-series bodies, but not up to the level of the 1-series. Having said that,Ole Jørgen Liodden found the 7D's weather-sealing to be pretty darn good.

The 7D's LCD display is also bigger, higher-res, and much brighter.

5 years of technical advancements separate the two cameras - I think you'll notice the difference in everything except build quality, for which nothing compares with a 1-series body.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt92
    has the 1.6x crop which could be handy

One more point to add - you'd then have two different crop factors, obviously. With the 300mm f/2.8 on your 1DII (390mm equivalent), do you find that you could use a little more reach? I ask because if you put a 70-200 f/2.8 on the 7D, you'd have 320mm equivalent.

On the other hand, pairing the 70-200mm on the 1DII (91-260mm equivalent) with the 300mm f/2.8 on the 7D (480mm equivalent) would be a very versatile combination!

if i got the 7d i would most likely pair it with the 300mm and have the 70-200 on the mark ii. it would save me having to get a 1.4 extender for when i need extra lengh.

i think im starting to sway more to the 7d and i have just had a go with 1 and liked it and the results were brillbut i want to be 100% be4 i splash out that much cash