Thread: Fireworks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fireworks

Last year was the first year I took photos of fireworks since the days of owning an A2. My equipment was an XTI, a 28-135, a stable tripod & a remote switch. I followed all of Brian's advice on shooting fireworks.However, Iam notentirely happy with my photos.

The bestareasis to view the firework show is on a boat or a dock. I choose a dock (on the upper dock, connected to the land & a ramp to the work, so most of the movement is when people are walking). I had forgotten to turn IS off on the lens. Was IS needed in this situation? And is that why my photos were slightly blurry (or was it because of the focus)? (I can't seem to upload photos, so the linky will have to do :[ )

Re: Fireworks

I took some photos of our home fireworks display this July 4 at my daughter's home.

They were hand held, so the background lights are streaked, but the fireworks were better. Unfortunately, the rain drops kept falling on my lens as I pointed it up and most of the images were ruined.

I was very close to the action (~40 ft), so I used my 5D MK II with my 15mm fisheye lens at f14 and exposures of 4-6 sec at ISO 200.