Thread: Canon EOS-1Ds Mark IV Coming Soon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark IV Coming Soon?

I don't like spreading potential rumors, howeverI just got an interesting e-mail from the photography shop that I frequent. They are a very reputable Canon Dealer in the NY area that has been around since 1951. It's a credit to them that they are still in business after the advent of internet shopping. I didn't think it was appropriate to post a link to a store on this Forum, so I chose not too.

It stated that the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark IV is coming out soon and it asked if I would like to be notified when it arrives. So, I replied..., heck yeah..., although my bank account disagrees.
    <div>I can't see why they would send this e-mail out if it wasn't true, because then their customers would just hold off buying the EOS-1Ds III if they had any interest in the newer Version, which could halt sales.</div>

Has anyone else heard an increase in chatter recently, on the long awaitedEOS-1Ds IV ?

Rich

Re: Canon EOS-1Ds Mark IV Coming Soon?

I've seen several rumors regarding the 1Ds Mark IV, but nearly all are spec related...I don't remember one concerning a release date (that's not to say there hasn't been one).

Canon is not the same as Apple.

If Canon announces a new product, they announce a new product. The announcement hits all the relevant websites, and you'll see not only mention of the announcement here but about 17 postings of "In Stock Here!", "No longer in stock there!", etc. until the camera is just available everywhere.

Until Canon announces a new product, there isn't a soul out there who has any authority to tell you what's coming. No one can tell you "XYZ product is coming" until "XYZ product" is announced. Therefore, see above.

One can draw conclusions from history, where a 1Ds version follows a 1D version. Anything else belongs at the canon rumors site, where there are plenty of forums where people can extrapolate the zaniest inferences about said upcoming cameras.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Thanks! I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. Well..., I guess we'll just have to wait and see!