Thread: Is there a way to get a 580exII and a SB-900 to work together for wireless TTL?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is there a way to get a 580exII and a SB-900 to work together for wireless TTL?

As some of you know, I shoot Canon and my wife shoots Nikon. When I got my 580exII about a year ago, she decided she wanted the Nikonequivalent.

I am wondering if there is any kind of hack or work around to get these two flashes to play nice with each other over wireless TTL? I currently have a cybersync setup where I can use both inconjunction, but only in manual mode. Manual is great in some situations, but a pain the in the butt in others, so I'd like the flexabilty of choosing between the two without having to drop $400 on another 580exII.

Any suggestions?

Re: Is there a way to get a 580exII and a SB-900 to work together for wireless TTL?

I have to ditto that question. If any body knows, input would be great. The SB-900 is quite a bit better than our 580ll. The one thing I wish that Canon had put in the 580ll is the capability to zoom to 200mm.

Maybe, if Bryan reads this, he could tells us....