Thread: First Panorama

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Panorama

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1200x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/3666.BDO-Panorama.jpg[/img]

First panoramic shot. Like always, my best shot is what I wasn't intending to shoot at all. Was taking pictures of some broken down trains with the remaining light when the sky lit on fire. This was two shots, pieced together in ps. Critique me please, I know this wasn't a seamless panoramic and I know I didn't use proper technique..

Also, did a few searches and am having a hard time finding any good resources, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

-Richard
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Re: First Panorama

Hi Richard - That sure looks like a good pano to me... I can

Jonathan,

Thank you for the link. That identified a couple of things for me.. I used PS to stitch the raw files together, being exported from Lightroom.. and it wouldn
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

If you're making a panorama for non commercial use, Microsoft Research's ICE (Image Composite Editor) works quite well. If you've installed Canon's RAW codec it can even read the .CR2 files directly.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Hi Richard,

I like your shot very much. Well done [Y] It's hard to really criticize it at such a small size, but I do like the colors and at this size I'm not seeing any seams []

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer

Here is a link to a site that has some good instructions on how to do panos:

www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/panoramicphotographs.html

Thanks for that link Jonathan! [Y]

Well.. one thing I can point out is that thereis only supposed to be one tower on the right hand side of the frame. After visiting that link I successfully got PS to generate a 360 degree panorama all on it's own. (after fourty minutes of processing.. 18 pictures in raw.. yikes!) I no longer have any concerns about how to properly set up a panorama, just wish I knew how to with that sunset pic. Loved those shots.

Thanks again for the help,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco
    I no longer have any concerns about how to properly set up a panorama, just wish I knew how to with that sunset pic. Loved those shots.

You deleted them? []

No, didn