Thread: Urgent help / dropped 7d on holidays!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Urgent help / dropped 7d on holidays!!!

Hey team,

I am currently in siem reap and long story short I dropped my 7d from the top of my manfrotto tripod. Filthy!

I think it survived apart from the flash now making a funny operating sound before it takes the pic. The af seems to work fine, the 15-85 lens has seen better days though.

When I opened the camera up ( just normally as if you were changing a lens) there were quite a few smudges on the mirror you first see. Can I just wipe this withna microfiber cloth????

Also just wondering what the process is to get the camera 'serviced' to ensure nothing is really a muss when I get home to Sydney

Thanks

Before you do anything, did you take out insurance on your gear. They should cover any repairs/cleaning that it might need. With it still being new, you can always send it in under the normal warranty and have them calibrate the lens to the body. If they see something else, they'll prolly contact you. Of course you'll be without a camera for a week
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

I forgot. STAY OUT OF THE MIRROR BOX! Special swabs are needed (and kinda expensive) and can be bought from the big online or camera stores. Hope I caught ya in time
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.