Thread: EF 24mm f/1.4L II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EF 24mm f/1.4L II

Hello Everyone, I apologise to those who have seen this question before...

I’m new here and have very much enjoyed the forum. I was wondering on some input and comments though. In increasing my lens collection, I have been considering a EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM for my 7D. Hopefully upgrade to a 5DIII in years down the line. My question is, has anyone had any AF/auto focusing, front focusing, back focusing, issues with this lens?,…any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
    Sean

Sean

The 24mm F/1.4L II is just as likely to need an Auto Focus Adjustment as any other lens. Mine is a +3 on my 5D II. I don’t see the problem as being inherent to the lens. If you are going with the 24mm on a FF, your DOF is so great that you are only really going to notice any problems close up and at the wider apertures.

This is an excellent lens, my suggestion is to buy one. The only way I would say different is if you were thinking of the TS-E 24mm F/3.5 L II or the Zeiss 21 F/2.8 Distagon, and they are both manual focus. Either of those is a good choice if you have the need, but all three of those have their advantages.

And welcome to the forum.
    Rick

The 24/1.4 on the 7D is a magical combo, great landscape and probably the best street and people and party lens. Water resistance is a huge assett, once you get this lens on your 7D you won't want to take it off.
    Welcome.
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Rick, Steve,

Thank you very much for your thoughts and input, they help a lot, and thanks for the welcome!

Sean

Dont forget wide angle close ups.
    This lens is great for those.
    I use my 50 when I want more out of focus background, but it is more amazing on the 5D