Thread: Canon C500, done it..... i mean.... no I haven't, anyone else?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canon C500, done it..... i mean.... no I haven't, anyone else?

Don't know about the rest of you. I was kinda hoping for a pancake lens announcement.

Maybe later I guess.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

The way things are going, I'll be watching Hollywood movies shot on the C500 before I get my 1D X. Delayed again, darn it. June, they're saying now...

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    The way things are going, I'll be watching Hollywood movies shot on the C500 before I get my 1D X. Delayed again, darn it. June, they're saying now...
    Not all is lost. You could get a 1D C, it looks like it might do everything the 1D X does and more. Maybe the C will beat the June delivery date.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Not all is lost. You could get a 1D C, it looks like it might do everything the 1D X does and more. Maybe the C will beat the June delivery date.
    Seen the back of the 1DC?

It might do almost everything that the 1DX does, like the 12/14fps, but live-view isn't one of them.
    (Or pellicle mirror? Electronic Viewfinder? BYO HDMI screen?)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Just when I thought I was being able to "drive" the buttons on my 3ti. LOL oops pee'd my pants.

I am starting to think the "form factor" guys are going to start howling how this makes no sense, the body is too small, my fingers get cramped, it looks silly on my full sized shoulder rig/stabilizer, etc.

Lens attached to a sensor with outputs to a computer which then is connected a whole series of really clumsy (cause that what we are) human interfaces. Our fingers are too big & too few, eyes to lack resolution, etc. Sort does start to beg the question of form factor - which "components" should be cobbled together in which fashion? Perhaps some sort of 2nd "full size" (what ever that means) control panel, LCD, etc.

While I am at it, I am dissapointed google earth is not real time video too or perhaps yet.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Seen the back of the 1DC?

It might do almost everything that the 1DX does, like the 12/14fps, but live-view isn't one of them.
    (Or pellicle mirror? Electronic Viewfinder? BYO HDMI screen?)
    I think you have the wrong back picture of the 1D C, it looks to me to be identical to the 1D X.

http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/P...LR-Camera.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I think you have the wrong back picture of the 1D C, it looks to me to be identical to the 1D X.

http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/P...LR-Camera.aspx
    Yeah, that was just the photo at the top of the CR page.
    Now that I think about it, the right doesn't even look like the left, it's more bulbous at the back (is that the C300 maybe?).
    Bryan's photos do look a lot more 1D-esque...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I have been hearing "things" about a 5d III recall. Don't know if it is bogus or not. Not sure what they would be recalling.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

It'd be the non-issue of the light leak, no doubt.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

This would have been a good place to test drive the N-Focus system where the camera focuses on what your looking at.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.