Thread: Aus Canon/TEDs Discount

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aus Canon/TEDs Discount

If you read any posts from those of us who live in Australia, you will no doubt know how disgustingly expensive Canon equipment is here. In Australia there is no Lens Rebate program or even meaningful discounts.

If you are planning to buy a new lens this may help. Yes I know $50 is a bit of a joke but its better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

http://media.teds.com.au/teds/media/..._canon_edm.pdf

Tony
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Compared to buying at TED's, i'd rather take a slap in the face with the fish...

I'm wondering how that government enquiry is going, I heard they were comparing a copy of photoshop for AU$1400 to the US version which costs nearer to $670 (B+H price), for the same digital download. I want them to compare hardware and such too, it's not just Canon, I wanted an Epson v700 scanner, best I could get here was $640 grey-market or $700 aussie, compare B+H had it for $500 (meanwhile, instead I got the V750 second-hand from europe, not even available in aus, for $700 shipped)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

It pays to shop around I have found some of the prices at Camera Pro to be as good as B&H. Most of the bricks and mortar stores do have some room and are willing to move on prices. I have also bought 3 lenses from TopBuy and their service and price was better than I could get overseas.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur