Thread: Adorama - Refurbished by Canon prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adorama - Refurbished by Canon prices

Anyone know if Canon has raised their prices on refurbs too?

I went to Adorama last week and there was a 5D for $1399 and today I surfed over there and there is still one, but $1499. I've never seen their refurbs jump around like that before. Is this a Canon price thingy you think?

Michael

Re: Adorama - Refurbished by Canon prices

I hadn't noticed the changes on refurbished equipment. The used prices vary a hundred or two either way based on condition. That refurbished 1D MKIII is still sitting there at $2,999 calling my name.I know that one hasn't changed because I look at it nearly every day!

I never thought of it like that... based on condition. Good point. I was looking for a second body a year++ ago and kept seeing refurbs of 5Ds showing up at the same price each time and therefor I assumed that would be the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasphotog

I hadn't noticed the changes on refurbished equipment. The used prices vary a hundred or two either way based on condition. That refurbished 1D MKIII is still sitting there at $2,999 calling my name.I know that one hasn't changed because I look at it nearly every day!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Geez. If I had any money, it'd be MY name []

Canon prices are going up in April, yikes... @ least in Canada they are. Thank you god I just purchased all my new gear...

[]

I realize that the currency exchange is such that the Japanese companies needed to do this because of eroding profit margins, but talk about bad timing. Just as times have gotten as hard as they have world wide with less commerce and people and companies reigning in spending they are RAISING prices!!! Seems surreal.

It will be interesting to see what happens to sales figures in light of the price increases.

It is odd to see prices of Canon L's and Nikon Glass I bought last year now selling for quite a bit more than I paid. Makes me wish I had bought more a year++ ago now that I am looking at prices of glass I'd like.

I'll definitely consider refurbished glass in light of the recent price hikes.

Michael

I agree