Thread: 1Dx Mark 1 for sale 4,200 ish clicks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1Dx Mark 1 for sale 4,200 ish clicks

Bought this with idea of going to Yellowstone in the spring with some friends and get the large predators feasting on the winter kills. Well life got in the way and I wasn't able to go w/ them. I bought it w/ just under 3k actuations and put about 1,200 on it. Again the idea was that by the time one rents, ships, returns, such the beast, perhaps I could pick this body up use it for a few thousand clicks and then pass on the savings to someone else.

Well it is time to pass on the savings to someone else.

It is in 10 of 10 condition. I will include the L bracket that I purchase for it as well.

I paid $2,900 for it so, make an offer and I suspect it will get done.

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Hi Mike,

I have to admit that I am a bit sorry to see you let her go. Are you focusing on the 5DIII or getting ready for mirrorless?

Brant

1st it to recognize I don't really shoot what this camera is all about - I do birds just cause world class birding is available so freaking easy where I am living, almost an after thought.

I am really a landscape type guy. I really don't need the 12 FPS, changing the shooting profile with a press of the mf button, etc.

Based on the leaked specs of the 6dII I am going to stay w/ my 5dIII for another iteration or so. I would be a buyer of an improved 24-105 (over the v II which really didn't do much optically).

Perhaps an iteration down the line, the flappy thing in facing the lens will be replaced by a flappy thing facing the photographer and there will be an IQ/resolution step up. I didn't read the 6dII as being enough of an IQ step up over the 5dIII.

In the meantime I am going to focus on going places vs. acquiring new gear. Really frustrated that I couldn't get Yellowstone, making my plans for Idaho Falls and the eclipse.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Hey Mike,

Makes sense. A lot of gear has come out and it just hasn't passed the "would I use it" test. The Sigma 135A and a couple of the UWA primes, for example. I would love faster than the 14/2.8 that I currently have, but I actually do not get out at night for many nightscape shots. As that changes, I will pick something up.

The 6DII sounds solid, but I would consider it fairly analogous to the 5DIII in many ways, a bit of a step down in others. I expect the sensor to be a step up. But nothing that is motivating me to sell my 5DIII.

Anyway, until some point where something no longer works or I develop a need, I will keep shooting with what I have.

Good luck. I have to say, having seen your 1DX in action, it was in great shape and I would recommend it to anyone in the market.

Brant