Thread: NEW Website!

NEW Website!

i just made a webite for my photograpgy tell me what you think so far. MatthewPoling.net

Re: NEW Website!

Its layout resembles a gallery-type of a site. Not bad if you want to show clients your work. I saw a wedding album. Was it your first, or have you done weddings in the past? Even with a 5D Mk II and a 24-70mm f/2.8, I'm still too nervous to do a wedding, and people are asking.

My suggestion: Get a better profile picture. :-)

No it was my first wedding and a failure it is not a good representation of what i normally do lol its done through zenfolio so people can purchase things as well as view them in a gallery to be more specific. I set this up for next year when i shoot all the sports for my school and get parents to buy them lolz

why get a better profile picture? lol

Looks nice. One thing I'd change is the number of photos in the "Kim and Jeff Todd" folder. 130 good pictures don't have the same impact as 15-25 great pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    My suggestion: Get a better profile picture. :-)

I like the profile picture. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12
    it was my first wedding and a failure

What made it a failure?

well there is a bunch of over/ under exposed photos. I plan on deleting the bad ones i have not gotten to it yet. in a few my flash failed on me completely do to its suckiness lol im just not very good at wedings it makes me nervous.

The website looks fine. But I wanted to hit on the over-exposures of 10-48. Your camera looks to be taking those nice dark trees into account when setting the exposure. Normally I'd recommend using center-weighted metering. But seeing as it's a wedding, and the men and women are dressed in opposite tones, if I were you I would Exposure-Lock off of the pavement. It's a nice gray tone, and would produce better exposures.

Also the the Schaub book on techniques for the wedding photographer is a great book.

Great work though. It sure is high pressure!