Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Already own a 5DII; should I swap for the 7D?

Re: Already own a 5DII; should I swap for the 7D?

Why would you even consider downgrading from a full frame to a crop....if you really want a little extra reach...just get a 1.4 extender.

Alan

If I ever considered swapping my 5DMk 2 for the 7D, I would check myself into a hospital, because it would be clear that I had taken leave of my senses. []

I have a 40D to make up for the long shots. I would consider swapping the 40D for the 7D.

I agree with Alan. In my opnion, I'd keep the 5dMarkII and if possible have the 7d as the backup.

I've also contemplated upgrading my 40d to the 7d; however, I'd get the MarkII prior to the 7d. After all, I've "invested" mucho dinero on the 24-70 and the 70-200 2.8 IS; gotta go with the full frame.

With all the new features that the 7d offers, it's really a difficult decision. I really like how the 7d has the built in trigger for your speedlites. That's a major plus for me.

DO NOT swop a 5DMKII for a 7D! - simple.

Getting a 7D over any xxD model, sure, having it as a backup for a 5DMKII, sure.

Trade in a full frame for a crop....WHY?

Sure, when 5Dmk3 come out and swap back to 5D series then come 8D ..........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor

I've had my 5DII for a about 6 months now and I really like it. But I can't help but wonder whether the new 7D wouldn't better suit my needs.

Wait for a review, then make your decision. Who knows, it might have the AF (problems) of the 1D3... Besides, your 5D2 won't become inferior overnight.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.