Thread: picture style with the 5D2 and 1D4

picture style with the 5D2 and 1D4

Because I don´t store always capture my photos as raw file I thougt to use picture Style. I made the expierience that especially landscape picture need some push up in contrast und color saturation. I have test it myself.

But does anybody have expierence with the picture style settings for landscape pictures and

standard motives. I mean I always can add or deduct contrast for JPEGs But it is a question of

using the entire features the 5D2 and the 1D4 offers.

Re: picture style with the 5D2 and 1D4

Hey Roland,

I only use picture styles for video-ing or very large time-lapses(but still...I would be pushing myself to RAW). For normal stills it's always RAW.

Personally I think you shouldn't be using jpeg with any of both camera's [:P] At least I would be pissed if a totally awesome photo, accidentaly shot with the wrong picture style/whitebalance etc etc, would be messed up by shooting in jpeg and leaving me with less room to play with.

Memorycards and HD's aren't that expensive(compared to a 1D4 the're trow-aways[:P], so my best advice is to use RAW pretty much full-time unless you absolutely can't.

Jan