Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body with good IA servo !

Re: Body with good IA servo !

Quote Originally Posted by fred2112

I shoot roller derby...when skater going strait to me and i use servo mode....1 point center focus...I got about 20% good shot !

Youshould try with all the focus points. My 5D worked better with all the points than with just the center point.

I think that what you are shooting is challenging for your Rebel. My old original Digital Rebel couldn't do it very good either.

Quote Originally Posted by fred2112
    when skater going strait to me and i use servo mode

Subject moving directly toward (or away from) camera at high speed - that's the most challenging situation for autofocus and AI Servo mode. For that application, going 'down' in body number(skipping the 5)will directly translate to improved performance and higher keeper rate - i.e. the performance gets better as you go from xxxD (Rebel) to xxD to 7D to 1D/1Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Be aware that rumor has it that Canon may be releasing a 60D Body next month at Photokina, however I doubt that it will surpass the 7D, because the xD Bodies are usually better than the xxD bodies.

It's here... Canon Announced the 60D tonight:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60d#Features

I doesn't look like 7D owners will have anything to fear....

Rich