Thread: What is this dude doing?

What is this dude doing?

Went to Mt Tambourine on the weekend for a drive and found this fellow on a hill.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2526.Parasailing_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Hey what are you looking at?

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3288.Parasailing_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

I think he could be a puppet.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1134.Parasailing_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

Or he could be trying to jump off a mountain.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7271.Parasailing_5F00_4.jpg[/img]

Up up and away.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: What is this dude doing?

I saw a few hundred of those guys halfway up the hill from Innsbruck last time I was there in August.

You weren't tempted to give it a go? Get some great landscape photos from up that high...

love the last shot, something about the clouds looks cool.

(and I almost thought, after the first photo, that it was going to be along the lines of "what is this dude doing with 'poo' and 'poood' written on his helmet?" :P )
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Magic shots Steve, specially the last two.

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Wonderful shots, Steve!!! The third shot is superb!

Cool Shots Steve!

Rich

Wow that must have been a good puppeteer. He sure looks lively to me!I only see these guys/girls when I'm on holidays, not enough thermal flow over here. It's great to see them though.

Nice story and photos. However this was probably not your intention when you went to Mt Tambourine I guess? How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie
    You weren't tempted to give it a go? Get some great landscape photos from up that high...

My brother took these when paragliding this spring at a regional cross event. We flipped a coin for it, but he won.

Aerial view on a part of the "parking lot"

And if you want to know how exiting the Netherlands are from the sky...

Yep..it's really that much of a pancake.

But seriously Steve, I bet you could take the most amazing photos from a paraglide. It's definitely worth a try. I still am a bit bummed that my brother picked the good side of the coin.

Thanks for the comments guys, I agree the view up there would be awesome, but I don't do heights real well, in fact I get a nose bleed changing a light fitting.

Here is one more of a guy that obviously has no trouble with heights.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6330.Parasailing_5F00_5.jpg[/img]

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

That last one

Nice Steve - my Uncle lives in Canungra (right next to Mount Tamborine) and these guys come sailing past his house on the side of the mountain constantly. I
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30