Thread: Uninstalling trial version of CS5 has removed some Lightroom files

Uninstalling trial version of CS5 has removed some Lightroom files

I'm hoping someone on this forum will be able to provide some assistance to me. Removing a trial version of Adobe CS5 has removed some files from Lightroom. Over the last three days I have been calling their technical support and trying to get contact informationfor someone who might be able to assist methrough the chat people. All that they seem able to provide is the toll free number for tech support. Requesting the chatters to have someone from tech support call me has not worked out as of yet.The furthest I have gotten so far is being on hold for over 3/4 of an hour to finally talk to someone who needed no less than 10 minutes to be able to spell my email address correctly so that he could verify that Lightroom was purchased. This was followed by insisting that this situation could not possibly happen.

My version of Lightroom was updated recently to 3.5. When this update happened the installer files went into the temp folder which are deleted on a regular basis so I do not have the files available to allow repairing through the Control Panel.

Any thoughts on how I can get this fixed would be welcome at this point. I need to be able to get back to processing images very soonfor an upcoming submission. It would be a rather sad reflection on Adobe support if I wind up having to get another vendor's product so that I'm able to get back to work.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Re: Uninstalling trial version of CS5 has removed some Lightroom files

I am going from memory on this one, because it has been over two years since I bought CS4. But what I remember, If you downloadedsoftware from Adobe, they would keep the download available for one year after purchase. You had to just access your account.

Since you called support, I would have thought they would give yout that as an option if it were available. If it isn't available, surely if you bought the software they would go ahead and either send you a disk or let you download it again...for a fee I am sure.

[View:http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15300.html:550:0]

You might have already seen this, if not here it is.

Ok...one other off the wall suggestion that may or may not work....

Download the trial version of light room, and apply your code to it.....

Yes.. re-install lightroom. If I remember right, it automatically found my library from a previous installation the last time I did this. Easiest solution, I suppose.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

My thanks to NDNitehawk and Rocco. Will download the trial version and see if the installer will allow me to repair the damage. Now that you mention it, it seems blatantly obvious. Must be too disgruntled by the lack of support and the lack of progress to be thinking clearly. Will try this when I get home in a few hours and let you all know how things turned out so the next hapless victim may fare better.

Thanks again.

Finally success! My thanks to you gentlemen. Have you considered applying to Adobe? They could use people who respond as quickly as you do.

Thats Great....glad you got it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw
    Have you considered applying to Adobe?

They wouldn't hire me. If you demonstrate any amount of common sense it disqualifies you from being a customer tech rep with them.

Now if they were interviewing me and I gave them a bunch of stupid nonsense answers in the interview, they would most likely hire me on the spot.

If I had an accent that was so thick no one, even from my own community, could understand me. They would hire me, and most likely I would get huge bonuses each quarter.

If you haven't figured it out ---> Tech Support = One of My Pet Peeves