Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Canon EF-S 10-22mm vs. Tokina 11-16mm -> FIGHT!

Honestly, I'd prolly pass on the vibration control on the tamron. At 17mm, you will probably be shooting faster than 1/34 sec, and that would negate the value of the VC and still have the better image quality of the non-VC
    Last edited by andnowimbroke; 02-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ 86 View Post
    as discueed about tamron 17-50 non VC, i have a small doubt. will it helo, if i am clicking the images from car, or any other vehicle? or when my hand is not stable, and subjected to vibrations.? or shld i go for VC/OS version.?
    I've never used a lens with image stabilization sufficient to prevent blur from vehicle vibrations. For that kind of scenario you'll just want to keep the shutter speed extremely fast, which generally means more aperture, more ISO, or both.

That being said, if someone wants to give me their 70-200 II, I'll gladly test it out...

i want canon 600D and sigma 17-70 F/2.8-4. There are good deals in USA, but didnt find any deal in Canada. where can i get a god deal in Canada?
    I am from Edmenton. any shop/ dealer where i can get a good deal?
    there is no outlet of adorama, B&H in canada.Please let me know for the purchase outlets.

There is no duty on cameras or lenses, and Canon's warranty is North American, so feel free to order from B&H or Adorama. I do. Use photoprice.ca to find the best deal. It will sort by the best price, to your door, in Canadian funds, include shipping, taxes, brokerage, currency conversion (including the extra 3% your credit card will charge you to do the conversion), and duty when applicable.

any risk in handling/ shipping on the camera and the lens? do they ship it safely??

Adorama used UPS Expedited (no brokerage on that one) when I ordered via them. I'm assuming it's insured, but I don't know. I can't remember what B&H used, but generally these people use a decent courier service, as they tend to deal with high-cost items.

Both Adorama and B&H are very reputable. I'm sure if something arrived damaged, they'd sort it out. Things are packaged well, with bubble-wrap kind of stuff around your fragile components. It's as safe as how it gets shipped to them or to your local retailer.

i thank all of you for support and information. got my canon rebel T3i and sigma 17-70 F2.8-4 on sunday.
    getting started with DSLR photography.

Congratulations! Go have fun and shoot lots of pictures.

Enjoy that 17-70, I just sold mine. It's a sweet FL on a crop, especially as a better alternative to a kit kens. The 10-22 EFS compliments it well btw. I prefer the overlap due to the Sigma's 17 not so sharp wide end.

memory card

i want to get a 16gb card, as i fall short of my stock 4gb card when taking videos. i can find transcend, sandisk and other brands with high writing speed of 25,30 and 40mb/s. please recommend which is best for my 550D.