Thread: lens opinions

lens opinions

Hi eveyone. I'm looking for in put on the 135 f2 l and 100f2,8 macro. thanks Bob

Hi Bob,
    Have you read the reviews? Always a good start:
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...s-Reviews.aspx

Arnt

have read so many that sometimes your head spins... would like to get peoples opinions on how they use them and how satisfied they are

I have both, both are excellent. It comes down to what you want to use them for, and partly whether you're shooting on FF or APS-C.

The 100L Macro is very versatile - besides the macro capability, it makes a good portrait lens on either sensor format. Its AF is a bit slower, so it's not ideal for shooting action. Obviously if you need to shoot 1:1 macro, it's the only choice...

The 135L is a great portrait lens, one of the best on FF. But IMO, it's a bit too long on APS-C, at least for indoor use. The wide aperture and very fast AF mean it's great for sports/action shooting, especially in low light, on either sensor format.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    The 100L Macro is very versatile - besides the macro capability, it makes a good portrait lens on either sensor format. Its AF is a bit slower, so it's not ideal for shooting action. Obviously if you need to shoot 1:1 macro, it's the only choice...
    I think the OP was asking about the non "L" version. I also have the "L" version and like it, but have no experience with the non-L lens. I hear it is good, but does lack IS if that is important to you.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr