Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5D III light leak?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Yes it is true and it is a major flaw. It was a mistake to buy a 5D III.
    All of your new 5D III’s are defective, sorry to everyone that bought one maybe I can help.
    If you want I will give you $2,000 for your 5D III. Sorry I couldn’t give more, but after all your camera is defective. Please include your warranty card when you ship the camera.
    This is obviously a Nigerian scam, the amount is WAY too high, please stay away from this offer for your own good! A REAL offer is more like $1000 for such a defective camera. Just PM me and I'll send you my address and we can arrange payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Aghh no, it's less awesome without a lens attached. It's nothing but a paper weight.
    Imagine if the 1 Dx does it. Pros won't want it. It will be like Clark Kent standing outside a locked telephone box. All that latent awesomeness just bubbling under the surface, but not realised until a lens is put on, or in Clark's case stripping off and putting a cape on.
    ???
    It would be even worse if he had squinty-eyes a.k.a. accuracy problems(1DX has some with lens-cap on, different results using live-view as well)...ouch!