I'm looking for a shoulder bag that will take my 5DII, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L (in original case), 2x Extender II, 580EXII and other minor accessories. Ideally it will have room for future lens purchases - over the coming years I have my eyes on a 100mm macro and some sort of large telephoto lens (if I win the lottery I'd get the 500 f4L which wouldn't fit anyway but realistically I guess either the 100-400 or the 400 f5.6 prime).

Now in the past year I've had a small Lowepro Nova 4 AW shoulder bag for my 400D/XTi that's no longer big enough and an awful Bilora Eurostar rucksack that I've given up trying to add padding to so that it doesn't destroy my back.

I had thought the rucksack would be good for when I'm out and about where I live but I've found though that I don't tend to use camera bags for this - I carry my 5DII on one shoulder and my 70-200 f2.8 in its original case with my original 5DII strap fitted to it across the other (hence why I want a shoulder bag that will take the lens and the case). If I want to change lenses my 24-70 and 70-200 just swap places - the bag for the latter is also perfect for the former with lens hood. Accessories go in my pockets.

I travel a lot by air though and have found that I always need a standard rucksack to carry other accessories such as clothes etc, so lately instead of using my Bilora camera rucksack I've again carried my camera separately, again over my shoulder - getting lots of odd looks in the process - and slung my 70-200 and other bits in the standard rucksack. This isn't ideal.

So I think there are only two solutions: a close-fitting camera-and-lens only case/bag thing so I can sling the camera in a normal rucksack (the only one for the 5D w/24-70 I've seen is the Think Tank one) or a shoulder bag. The main specification of the shoulder bag would be that it can be worn along with a normal rucksack. It's be nice if the bag could take my Feisol 3372 tripod too - I'm not sure if Easyjet would view that as a third piece of hand luggage if carried separately - but I doubt any shoulder bags accept tripods. (Does anyone risk throwing their tripod in their hold luggage?? I've not had my tripod for long and haven't had the courage...)

I've been looking at the Stealth Reporter series - they look ideal and I really really like the luggage strap they provide. But I don't know what size I'd want - the D100 looks too small, the D200 maybe looks about right, or maybe the D300. The D400 looks too big for what I want - although I'm 6'2" / 187cm and fairly fit my back gives me problems if I carry weights lop-sided for a long time, so I don't want a bag that ends up as heavy as my suitcase.

I've also seen the Think Tank bags recommended but I'm totally confused about their range!

Price is no issue, as long as it's a one-off investment - I obviously don't want to spend hundreds trying out loads of different bags.

Any thoughts or any other recommendations?