Here is my question:

I like my pictures on a "warmer" side and I know you can get it in post-processing but I also know you can get it with use of a warming filter, like 81A or higher. Can I achieve it through adjusting WB instead of buying another filter?

I shoot both in JPEG and RAW. I do not know why because I often lose patience with post-processing and I am not good with PS, I have PS Elements and I frankly suck at it as I never have a chance to learn it properly. Sometimes I open images through Canon DPP and play with it, but then again....not that good...yet. I managed to save only a few "keepers", rest ends up in trash bin. But I do admit I have fun with it at times.

So I thought...how can I minimize my pain while I am learning (I am pretty new to all of this and everything makes me drop my jaw) and use camera settings so that I can get good images which require minimal post processing...

I read the manual and in the section WB correction it says you can adjust WB to your desired effect. But the manual uses "big" words which I do not understand, so I need help...It says "One level of the blue/amber correction is equivalent to 5 mireds of a color temperature conversion filter. (Mired: A measurement unit indicating the density of a color temperature conversion filter.) What in heavens does this translate into when it comes to comparing it to filters? What I am trying to get is an adjustment on my 40D equivalent to 81A or 81B filter. So how would I set my WB to get that? ....If I can...

Sorry if this is too stupid or too basic for this forum...