I remember there has been a similar thread before, but I still have questions unsolved...

Is there a possible way to make a long time exposure portrait shot? Just the same as making a normal long time exposure landscape photo but has a person in it. I struggled multiple times and had no luck.

Most of my shooting environment has some ambient lighting, so the person is not completely in dark. The background of course needs long time exposure; 10 seconds to half a minute are the most frequent time frames to consider. Because the person is somewhat lighted by the ambient lighting, ghost effect will appear since she cannot remain exatly in the same position for such a long time. If I use the flash, the person is still blurry (ghost) due to ambient lighting.

So is there a way to get rid of this problem? I'm aware of multiple exposure, but have little idea about how to practice. Or should I just use high ISO to shorten the exposure time? I know high ISO will give exposure time less than one second but the noise ruins the picture anyway. Is there a better way out?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ben