I sometimes (but not always) see what I think is an anomaly in my images. I can’t decide if it is; a) Just Normal; b) Me; c) The Lens; d) Something else. I would like some opinions on this.

The link is a larger 1200x800 example on Flickr. The basic data for this example is;
Canon 1DmkIII; EF 24-105 f4L IS; 105mm; f5.6; ISO-400; 1/1250-sec; -1/3ev; IS-on

What I am concerned about here are the ghost-edges on the flower petals. You can see this most clearly at 9-to 10-o’clock. This doesn’t look like normal DoF blurring to me, because the edges of the ghost image are so sharp, and it is that sharp ghosting that makes this distracting.

One thing that I was wondering; I usually leave IS on all the time. In this case, because I was chasing bees around I was snapping the shutter rather quickly too, almost concurrent with the AF/AE acquisition beep. Is it possible that I could have caught the IS shifting the elements? On the other hand, the shutter is so fast that I would not have expected that to be an issue. Thoughts?

Thanks

J