Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

Either just RAW, or RAW+JPEG?

Just RAW. Post processing software such as Lightroom make it so fast and easy that I recommend it to everyone that is comfortable with a computer.

Do you think it is safe to just shoot in RAW, and not JPEG?

Yes.

I personally have never heard of a case where either the RAW or JPEG files get corrupt, and then the other file format has saved them.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Neither have I. The optimal situation is two simulataneous cards in the camera (such as CF and SD), then another backup when they are transferred to permanent storage.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Daniel,

I only disagree with you on this from my experience recently, because I would have liked to have thumbnails to look at while organizing archived images and had to open each RAW file to see what the heck it was. Therefore I shoot RAW+small JPEG, just so I can have a quick peek to see if it is a keeper or not, and in what folder/classification I need to place it. Small JPEGs don't take up a significant amount of space, and I think it is more convenient to have them. If you want to trash them later after archiving and classification, you'd still have the option.