I just wrapped up my first ever senior portrait shoot about a day ago. It was a practice shoot with a friend (& client) in preparation for a shoot coming up with her in a week or so. We found some sick nasty locations, so the shoot was a success.

I'd be honored if you would give me some critique on what I consider the best image of the day. The link is below. Sorry I couldn't embed it, but for client-privacy reasons, I figured this was the best way to ask for help. Link is here. I've only had time to seriously edit just this one photo. I went through DPP for exposure and such, then used PS CS1 and a Scott Kelby book to do some retouching and lighting fixes.

Any critiques are moreee than welcome. Please don't hold back. I'm looking to do the best job I possibly can and your comments will help tremendously. Tips on lighting, posing, post processing, etc. Anything you think would make a better photo.

For what it's worth, here is a list of my gear. If you would do something differently, esp. lighting-wise, with the gear I have, don't hesitate to tell me.

-20D

-EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 (Blahh!) (I may be borrowing a wide angle L lens from a friend. Fingers crossed)

-EF 50mm f/1.8 II (love this)

-EF 70-200 f/4L (lens of choice, but limited use for portraits on a 1.6 crop body)

-Speedlite 430EXII (newest addition and loving this!)

- Hoping to get a 2 light kit (sans strobes) from MPEX with Cactus V2s trigger/recievers. I'd still only have one flash, butoneportable flash would be better thanoneon axis flash no?)

Thanks for reading, and any advice,

-Rodger

Edit: Hopefully fixed the link.