I was at a wedding earlier today just messing around taking some photos of family and friends. The camera that was used was a 450D with a EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens. I call it the lazy man's lense because i don't have to get up to take the shot. The zoom will reach out and touch someone.

Here is my question.....

I was shooting in manual mode, perhaps with 1 or several subjects that are moving (sitting and turning of the head, hand movements, not a big movement...ect). The camera is in Manual mode and i have autofocus turned on. It seems theshutter speed is around 1/60 - 1/200.

I have noticed when i get ready to take the shot (not sure the correct term) the little red dots appear on the picture when the lense focuses on the subject. If i hit the shutter button the little dot(s) moves and focuses on something else (perhaps a hand, or a drink on the table). Now, i tried to get the camera to make all the dots appear as hoping to focus on everything, but as soon as i hit the shutter button maybe 2 or 3 dots appear and focus on a subject while leaving the other subjects a little blurry.

This link shows a picture in which i am talking about. The girl looks more blurry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/nobears/post.jpg

How do i get everyone to be in focus?

I hope all of this made sense.

Thanks....

Keller