I had a 5D mk1 and thought it was unbeatable. The tones, the colours from those big pixels was amazing. So when it came time to upgrade due to a nice increase in income, i had a choice. The new 5D at £2200 or a second hand 1DS MK3 at £2850 on EBAY. It was £600 more but was it worth the extra. Well i had a thought. Its shutter life was 3 times longer, its fully weather sealed, tough as boots and pros use them. Then again the 5D would be new and i loved the old one. So i took a chance and bought the one from EBAY. Turned out it has less than 10,000 on the clock and was in mint condition. As with an earlier post my first pics were not inspirting. ISO 1600 noise what had i done. So i reset all the settings to factory spec and practiced. Can i say i am totally blown away by the results. My pics are at least %50 better. The detail, the colours, the tones are utterly stunning. I dont need to sharpen either. Even %100 crops are bang on. Im utterly amazed that a camera could be better than my old 5D but this thing just kills it. So, if you are in the market to upgrade to the new 5D think on. For a few $'s more you could get one of the most stunning bits of technology ive ever laid my hands on. Then again, i am using L glass.

Canon, i love you!!!!! Id even sell my wife before id loose this baby. Well, maybe.

Mick