Quote Originally Posted by Cozen

The only question I have is about the way to trigger the flash. I'd like something wireless for ease of use. So far I've seen the Cactus V2 and the Cybersync you recommended. There seems to be a large difference in price. The Cybersync is about $150 for a transmitter and receiver, where as the Cactus V2 is about $40 for Transmitter and receiver. Do I have this all correct?

Yep, that's about right. The new RadioPopper JrX units are slightly less expensive than the Cybersyncs when purchased in a set. However, they aren't old enough to know all the pitfalls about them (although I have heard the transmitter burns through batteries rather quickly).

Both the Cybersyncs and the RadioPopper JrX units are substantially less expensive than Pocketwizards. Pocketwizards have been the gold standard of radio triggers for quite some time, but their most recent units have been less than stellar, in my opinion. The new units (that transmit ETTL info like the RadioPopper PX units) suffer from poor range and reliability because of the RF noise emitted from Canon's 580EX flashes (the RadioPoppers are unaffected, however).

As for really cheap triggers, I'd actually recommend a CTR-301p set from ebay. However, if you get the CTR-301p trigger/receivers, then you'd need a different umbrella swivel--the LumoPro LP634. The CTR-301p set is nice because it doesn't require any other cables or connectors to use them (they have a built in hot shoe to trigger the flash). They also have a built in optical slave.