Hi Guys,

I recently revisited a star trails image that I took a while back. Originally I processed the shot(s) using CS4 and wasn't really happy with the results. So I got my hands on the Startrails app and had a go with it - wow what a difference! The results from Startrails were well and truly superior to using the autoblend layers feature in CS4 so I thought I should share it with you to illustrate the results.

Bear in mind that when I originally procecced the image in CS4 I'd only had the software for a few days and didn't know the ins and outs (mind you I still don't). So there's possibly some editing issues there.

40D, f/3.5, 11mm, 426 x 10sec exposures and one extra with some light painting to capture the foreground.

This one using CS4

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.34/3776952633_5F00_284e5f3ca0_5F00_b.jpg[/img]

And using Startrails App

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.34/Boulia-Star-Trails-New.jpg[/img]

The only issue was that I couldn't change the language from German to English!!! So there was a bit of google translator going on witha bit of trial and error.

Anyone else with some interesting star trails / night landscapes? I'd love to see them.

Cheers, Ben.