I normally prefer shooting wildlife, dusk to dawn and just about anything between; however, I had the opportunity to shoot a little league football game last night and now I have a new and profound appreciation for you guys that have beendiscussinghigh ISO, noise, noise reduction,fast lenses,etc. Normally I don't worry much about that, but after last night I am definitely going to learn more.I have so many questions, I am not really sure where to start. First, I must say that a 400L/2.8 would have sure come in handy last night. When I mentioned this to my wife--------, well you know the rest of that story. Anyway, I had a great time and would definitley like to do some more of this. I even see a lot of opportunity to make some money off of it.Unfortunately, this experience has has got me completely rethinking my kit and my future equipment purchases.---I am curious how many of you experienced this?

My current kit consists of a 50D, 100-400L, 24-105L, and a 10-22. Not really a sports photographers dream, but I made it work----at ISO 3200 and some post production NR----not great, not even good in my book, but ok for the family album.

where I was seriosuly lacking---

1. My 100-400L clearly wasn't fast enough--especailly at 5.6(400mm)----

2. The 50D lacked frame rate and I wasn't really happy with the amount of noise---of course I was pushing the exposure, so I can't blame the camera for that--or can I? Do you think the 5DII or the 7D would be that much better under the same conditions.

3. I was shooting with Sandisk (45 mbs)UDMA 8 cf card, and that seemed to take forever to update after a series of shots.

I am going to shoot some daytime games just to see the results and see if I really like this type of photography.---But my guess is that I will---it was just plain fun, non stop action.

ok, I have rambled on long enough so now my questions:

1. What does EV mean---I think it is "exposure value" i.e. 1 EV=one stop of exposure--is this correct?

2. I have been planning to upgrade to the 5dII for IQ sake, but after last nite, I see the value in high frame rate and improved AF and metering of the 7D. Whats your take/opinion

3. With my primary interest being wildlife I have been looking at the 500 or 600L, but now Ihave a desire for the 400L 2.8----again---your thoughts.

4. Finally, I suppose I could stick with my wildlifeplans and just shoot day games---Is there a happy medium to all of this?

---I pay off my alimony next month, and I already have it spent for the next 2 years the question now is , on what???[:#]

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks,

Bob