<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Thank you all for your replies. My lens is now in the hands of the experts [] When the lens was on the camera and it was making the noise the image through the view finder would jump constantly, a few times every second. Towards the end I kept getting read errors, incompatible lens and stuff, an X would come up then it would freeze.<o></o>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]The diagnosis was first done by the shop where I bought it, they are reputable as far as I&rsquo;m concerned, but who really knows and now it is with Canon <st1:country-region><st1lace>Australia</st1lace></st1:country-region> in <st1:city><st1lace>Melbourne</st1lace></st1:city>.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]The noise it makes was like a chick chick chick chick chick, several times every second at least, it wouldn&rsquo;t change no matter what I tried, sometimes it would stop when wound out to 105, and sometimes it wouldn&rsquo;t.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] As I said before I would have to be the most gentle on my equipment, and hence why it ticks me off even more to happen to a four month old lens.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]I will keep you updated when it comes back.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Thank again
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]So far I'm up to seventy bucks in postage and insurance, just to top it off.