Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Your "reality" is predicated on the inability to achieve accurate focus even in the easiest and most controlled circumstances. Live view makes it so easy (especially at f/11), that it should not take any photographer more than a few seconds. That's separate from autofocus or miscalibration, of course.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

You are very quick to presume my inability to take a picture in focus. Over the past 20 years, I think I've managed that once or twice. And the fact that the 1D shot is in perfect focus should alleviate any doubts you may have about this user. You are drowning in your arrogance, and your condescension is no lifeline. I joined this forum to share images, experiences, and have fun. It's people like you who ruin it for everyone.

As I stated before, I chose my test target for a reason - multiple flat surfaces at multiple depths - to make it easy to discern results. SOMETHING in that image should be sharp and in proper focus, but it is not.

Feel free to argue your charts and resolution formulas to your heart's content. I hope it serves you well. Some of us actually have to make a living using these little black boxes, and I've clearly wasted enough time on this topic. For those I have somehow offended with this post, my apologies.