As most of you know, I am new to photography and this site and saying I love it would be an understatement! I value everyone's opinion here and read each topic faithfully! I can't wait until my photos warrant posting so I can get some much needed and appreciated opinions and advice.

In the meantime, what would be the #1 word of wisdom you would give me? Would it be take an online class to start out ...if so which one or would it be practice makes perfect? Would it be equipment or subject matters more? Is learning post-processing more important than getting it right the first time? What about settings...rules of thumb for certain situations? Or would you suggest a "must have" for every camera bag?

To give some background, I have a Canon Rebel T1i, kit lenses (EF 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS) and the Canon EF 300mm f/4 L IS and EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro along with the two (large and small)tripods that came in my kit along with a 318AF Digital Slave Flash and UV and polarizing filters. I just bought a faster memory card figuring that was why my camera kept reading "busy" during shooting. With all ofthis, I am hoping to get great shots of birds, flowers, bugs, wildlife, my grandkids and my dogs to start.

So, what's your #1 word of advice to newbies?

Have a great week ahead and thanks so much for all the education you give me!

Denise