Quote Originally Posted by mzemljic

Not the rule for Hasselblad Zeiss Lenses. All Hasselblad Zeiss lenses perform outstanding wide open in my opinion.

Regards, mzemljic
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

They also cost a lot more, all are MF and some don't even have auto aperture. So while they may be sharper wide open, their performance on Canon bodies are completely hindered. If you shoot still lifes and landscape--sure, but for PJ and event work you would either have to be naive or extremely skilled to use manual glass--specifically when shooting in poor lighting. As for the Sony/Zeiss 24-70/2.8, while its extremely sharp the bokeh quality is horrid, as are most Zeiss lenses IMO. The 24-70 isn't perfect but it is very usable wide open and it's bokeh quality is as good or better than any comparable lens. Another thing to keep in mind is sample variation, which there seems to be a lot of concerning this specific lens--some great, some not so much. I know this may be speculation but I've got a gut feeling Canon has a 24-70II (with IS, possibly) in the works and if its improved at all it will be extremely attractive.

As to the OP, your lens selection is a good one...you may also want to consider the 35L, 70-200/2.8IS and a second body (5D) as well.