Hallo. This is my first post here and I hope it will be helpfull for the community.

Let me briefly introduce myself: My name is Filippo, I live in Italy (Piemonte, northern Italy, very close the Alps, on a lake called "Maggiore"). My gear is EOS 5D MkII and now a 7D with some nice lenses...

I bought the EOS 7D essentially to use it with a 100-400 L lens and a 300 lens from Canon, to take pictures of animals and birds. The images of this camera appears defenitely soft. I notice that to get right images in good sharpness I have to increase considerebly the shutter speed. This is for two essential reasons: first is the "crop factor", second is the too high pixel density of the sensor that amplifly the camera shaking, and results as Micro-shaking that delivers as a consequence a not sharp image.

As a rule of thumb I currently use as a minima, the double of the current lens focal lenght as basic shutter speed (not considering Image stabilizers or similar devices). For istance, if you are using a 300mm lens, I use 1/600sec as a start. Normally even higher if I use the camera to follow an animal. This unfortunately force me to increase the ISO and, as a consequence the noise.

Tell me if you are having similar experience with this Camera, that could be perfect if Canon didn't push too much the pixel count. Having more resolution is nice, but it becomes very hard in the "field use".

Cheers

Filippo