Hi Everyone,

Yep, it's Denise again with advice needed...again! [:$]

I just received my 580EX II yesterday and it is just as awesome as everyone said it would be and I am sooo happy i purchased it! Thanks to all that helped in the decision process!!

Now, it is time for me to "focus" on the next needed accessory! Due to budget restrictions, I am thinking of getting a monopod instead of a tripod. Plus, I do have tripod that came with my kit that I can still use with a light lens. I also think I would be more inclined to use a monopod more than a tripod due to ease of mobility (I assume).

So this post actually is two-fold. Feedback would be appreciated on pros/cons of using a monopod instead of a tripod and ...

I am looking at possibly getting the GM 5541 monopod and the Benro DJ-80 Monopod Tilt Head for when I take pictures of my flowers and of birds. Has anyone had experience with using this tilt head or could you recommend one that I should consider? Will this tilt head work with this monopod? My heaviest equipment I will be using is my 300mm f/4L w/ 1.4x II extender & 580EX II on my Rebel T1i.

Thanks again!

Denise