This may sound ridiculous, but just put the Minolta down and back away. I know it hurts, but in the end it is the best thing to do.

As Daniel said, image quality would be (paraphrasing here) terrible at best. You would get better results with a Rebel XS. If you want film get a good used 1V. If you are just trying for sentimental reasons use the Minolta with what it has and preserve it as a keepsake.

I speak from personal experience, I have a lot of Pentax that I just put away. It hurt to find out how little my bodies and lenses are worth. I keep them for sentimental value and the occasional film shot. I am thinking of have someone like KEH go through the bodies while I can still find someone who works on film slr's. The camera shop that I purchased them from and who used to service them now sends film models out for repair.

It is funny the difference in generations. I remember both, my kids know nothing of film and Saturday as I was shooting a dance someone asked me what kind of film my 50D used. Be kind, she was a senior citizen. []

Chris