Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints

If your interest is in obtaining a focal length / aperture combination that you don't have at present, then get a zoom. If your interest is in maximal image quality, get a fast L prime. In either case, you'll benefit most from a wide angle. This gives you possibilities such as the EF-S 10-22 (as mentioned), or for something a little more exciting...

TS-E 17/4, 14/2.8L II, 24/1.4L II, TS-E 24/3.5L II...

Of course, none of these lenses are cheap but if you did splash out on a TS-E...wow.

As for the 70-200/2.8L IS (either Mark I or the upcoming Mark II), that's not a cheap lens. If that's under consideration then so should the 14/2.8L and definitely the 24/1.4L. I'll be honest--once I got the 100/2.8L macro IS and the 300/4L IS, my 70-200/2.8L IS doesn't get to see a lot of light these days. Had I known this would happen I probably would have purchased the 300/2.8L IS instead of the 300/4.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

WOW! You have given me a lot to look into and I very much appreciate all of the suggestions! I think you have pointed me into a much better direction...the 70-200/2.8L and 24-105 or off my list and yes, I do wish now that I would have waited at purchased the 300/2.8L instead but I am still grateful for what I do have.

Thanks Much,

Denise