Hmmmm ok, I will have to check that out. I will be the first to admit that I am rather ignorant when it comes to lighting. Like I know where they should be positioned, but aside from that, I figured that anything that is close to looking natural and diffused is best.

Oh and don't worry, I take all criticism as constructive I have done 2 shoots since this one, but I still love the colors that came from this one! I am hoping to start doing cheap portrait photography around here and am slowly building a portfolio...before I got too carried away though, I wanted to focus on the most important part, the actual picture!! I think my biggest shortcomings at the moment are: not knowing much about lighting, and composition. On the first image, I felt kinda weird cropping the image at her calves like I did because it looked unnatural. Where is a good place to crop to if you don't want an image to be full body but also just a shoulder/headshot? You are being a great help to me by the way, I appreciate it!