<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]Jayson....you won't be able to rid yourself of the unwanted, bullybirds, e.g. grackles, starlings and to a lesser degree blue jays.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]I've been feeding birds for nearly 40 years now and just accept that they have to eat also....but that doesn't mean I make it easy for them to get their meals.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]My following suggestions are made from assumptions I've made from your input.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]I use tube or silofeeders that have small perches (sometimes I cut them even smaller)that makes it difficult for the larger birds to perch....they will manage, but only for a moment or 2....flapping their wings to getsome seed. Too much energy expended for so little reward. They will make multiple attempts, but don't empty the feeder....the smaller song birds manage that quite well.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]Depending on the size silo feeder (and popularity)you choose obviouslyeffects the fill frequency....I use the longer versions and refill every 48 hours to 60 hours. This timing is also dependent on the time of year....spring is a feeding frenzy.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]Seed; I use what is called a clean seed, i.e. sunflower hearts and nut mixture...yes, more expensive. This means there isn't a mess (shells)around your feeder and any seed that does fall will be consumed by the ground feeders, e.g. mourning doves, robins, blue jays, juncos, squirrels, chipmunks, etc.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]Setup; my feeding station is a pole (metal, 8 feet high, w/4 placements to hang suet and silos)located well away (10 feet)from any trees, yet not so far the birds to feel vulnerable (sharp shinned and cooper's hawks), but too far for the squirrels to jump across.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]About 5 years ago I discovered a hollow metal baffle, 6 inch diameter and about 2 feet in length that slips onto the pole....I placed it about4 feetabove the ground. I've enjoyed watching the squirrels trying to get around it w/out success. 100% squirrel proof in 5 years.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]If you decide to invest in the tube/silo type feeder....you need to keep it clean. Moisture gets in and mold will form at the base which will hurt the birds' health even to the point of death. Some of the tube/silofeedershave bottoms that easily come off for cleaning.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]My 2 cents on bird pix;birds live in a very busy habitat, be aware of the background, but creamy bokeh on every shot isn't realistic....it isn't their environment. Don't mistake this statement....bokeh has its place in bird pix, but Iprefer to show off their every day surroundings more often than not.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]Example<o></o>

I apologize for the length of this reply Jayson, but your question wasn't a simple 1 sentence answer. Plus I assumed you're a beginner at feeding birds and thought my suggestions may help you.

BTW....I like the last grackle capture....nasty! I believe the bird inmy example pic is a Cooper's Hawk, it is difficult to differentiate Sharp-shinned and Cooper's.

Regards

Bill