Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
Your feedback is neither 'pestering' nor just 'humoring you'

Okay, as long as you don't feel pestered.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
I'd want FF because an f/2.8 lens on FF is 'better' than an f/2.8 lens on a crop body, not FF so I could use an f/4 lens instead of an f/2.8 lens on a crop body.

The real reasons for going full frame are first, that the IQ is better (especially on the fast end, but I'd be shocked if the 25-105 didn't have better IQ on full frame than the 17-55 on the 7D) and second, for many lenses there is- unlike the case of the 24-105- no 1.6x counterpart. For you I would add a third: you have a lot of lenses, and each will become like a new lens when coupled with a bigger sensor (some will turn into something similar to a lens you already have [], but probably most wont )

Fast lenses really have dramatically better IQ on full frame. I mean, just compare the 85mm f/1.2 @ f/1.2 to the 135mm f/2 @ f/2 or the 50mm f/1.2 @ f/1.2 to the 85mm f1.8 @ f/1.8

In each case, the much cheaper slower lens is clearly better even before cropping... just imagine how much different they are after throwing away 60% of the f/1.2 image. Not that I'm telling you anything you don't know already, but why pay a large premium for a small speed and/or iq increase when you can get a large speed and iq improvement on all of your EF lenses by getting a larger sensor? It seems to me that anyone considering buying an f/1.2 lens for a cropped body either for better IQ than the non L counterpart or just for the extra speed would drooling to have a camera that would make the 85mm f/1.8 perform about like a 50mm f/1.2, but with IQ that is far better yet... or if that isn't enough, make the 85mm f/1.2 perform like a 50mm f/0.75.

Sure, there are times when you want the reach and the autofocus of the 7D. But there are times when you don't. In fact, I'll bet most of the times you want to use really fast lenses are times when you don't need that reach and af as much.

I'm not saying there aren't good reasons to put a 50mm f/1.2 on a crop body. But for those of us with a more general lust for lens speed, full frame makes a lot of sense.

I've said it before, but I can't help repeating myself: it's too bad canon doesn't make a reasonably priced ff camera with a very high end af. I would gladly play the price of a 7D + the price of a 5DII for a 5DII with a 7D-like af.

Okay, that's enough pestering for one day []