Quote Originally Posted by peety3
<div style="margin-bottom: 14pt;"]1.2/2.5 is focus distance, not IS, so I don't know if there could be a relation there.</div>
<div style="margin-bottom: 14pt;"]Suggestions? You can send it to Canon for a problem that no longer exists in the hope they find the problem if/when they disassemble it, but you might get it back no-problem-found (and after-you-leave). Or you can hang onto it and send it to Canon if/when it acts up in a manner that you can't coax away. Unfortunately it's your call.</div>

Yeah, just thought I would test the waters...maybe I should head back over to Henry's for an exchange just to be on the safe side, I just hate returning/exchanging items if not necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

I don't know how much louder than normal it was... mine has some variation: sometimes it gets a bit louder. Does "louder than normal" mean much louder than the mk 1?

I don't really know, but my gut reaction is... relax, man Enjoy your awesome new lens!

LOL, your gut maybe right, I'll try to recreate the problem, but I guess a slight variation in sound is ok from time to time, at least I'll know it's functioning...[:P]...but since the lens is less than a week old, I'll play it safe and return for an exchange as mentioned above.

LOL...now I'm sounding like a *drama queen*...thanks for the suggestions!